Classic Tomato & Basil Soup
A deliciously simple accompaniment to a gooey toasty cheese sandwich, this classic tomato & basic soup is both healthy and wholesome. Sweetened with medjool dates and kicked up a notch with a hint of cayenne pepper, there’s nothing ordinary about this steaming hot appetizer.
Time in the JTC OmniBlend
- 250 ml water (vegetable/chicken stock can be added)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tomatoes
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stick
- 4 tbsp basil leaves
- 2 medjool dates – pitted
- 1 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- Place all ingredients in the JTC OmniBlend jug and secure the lid.
- Use the 35 second pre-set timer to blend ingredients. Use tamper tool if needed.
- Then use the High function to blend ingredients for an additional 5 minutes. When you remove the tamper tool, you should see steam escaping.